Arrowhead Little League FAQ
How is AHLL run?
- AHLL is run by all volunteers.
- The Coaches and Board Members are volunteers.
What is the difference between Fall Ball and Spring Ball?
- Spring Ball is what AHLL is known for with their great coaches and teams! It is held from approximately February through May and is our competitive league. During Spring, there are try-outs, trophies, pictures and a lot of kids. All Stars follows Spring Ball from June to July.
- Fall Ball is from Septempber through November is more relaxed. There are no try-outs for teams and is more of an instructional/recreational season. In other words, baseball for fun>!!!
Things to know about Spring Ball and what is included in registration.
- Minimum 15 games
- Championship Games for AAA and higher
- Try-outs are required for ages 9+
- 12 year olds must play in the Major division
- 11 year olds must play at least in the AAA division
- Hat and shirt included
- Team and individual pictures available
Things to know about Fall Ball and what is included in registration.
- 12 games
- Instructional session - non-competitive
- Hat and shirt included
What is Opening Day for Little League? (Spring Only)
- Opening Day for Little League is one of the most exciting and fun days of the season. Everyone is encouraged at attend. We start with team and individual pictures. There are optional skills contest for those that would like to participate (ages 8 - 12). Trophies are awarded to the top 3 winners in each age division and category. We also have a parade for the teams with a contest for the team with the best banner. Games are played all day by most teams and the younger divisions will play exhibition games. It's great to see all the kids together from the little T-ball guys all the way to the Majors teams. And how could we forget, the snack bar is open and serving burgers from the grill. It's a blast for the kids and the parents.
How do I know what level/division my child should play at? (Spring Only)
- AHLL defines where a kid should place based on age. The current boundary map and age chart can be found with our current Registration forms on the Handouts tab
- The divisions described on our Divisions tab.
- All 9+ year-olds must try-out.
What if my child has a try-out, but does not make the level they are trying out for? (Spring Only)
- Every player will make a team - it just may not be to the division that they tried out for. All 12's will play in Major's division, 11's play AAA or higher, all 10s AA or higher, etc.
- For example, if you child is 9yr and does not make the AAA division, he will be placed in the AA division. If your child is 11 tried out for the Majors level and does not make it he will be moved to the AAA.
What is the draft and how does it work? (Spring Only)
- The draft is for AAA and Major divisions only.
- The kids are evaluated by the Managers and Coaches during tryouts and they are chosen based on skill.
- Previous drafted Major players get to stay on their team throughout Majors.
- The draft for the Major division is done first. Those not drafted to the Major division will be added to the AAA draft. Those not drafted into the AAA division will be placed on a AA team.
What is the All Star Team?
- All Stars are teams made of the best players (nominated by the players and parents and voted on by the managers) at each age division (9 - 12). Players (families) make themselves eligible or not. From the available players, the manager's vote for the players they believe should represent their league at the district tournament. State, Regional and National tournaments are possible at some ages. The games and practices run approximately an additional 1-2 months into the summer. Please note, if you miss or cannot attend tryouts you are not eligible for the All Star team.
Where are AHLL the games played at and what times?
- All games are played at Foothills Park. Located on 57th Ave between Union Hills and Loop 101.
- Game times and dates vary, no games are held on Sundays.
- Major's games are held on Wednesday and Friday.
Where are the practices held?
- Practice times and locations are determined by the Coach.
Can I request a coach or for my child to play with a friend?
- For AAA and Majors your child is drafted and requests are not taken.
- For T-ball, A and AA we will try to accommodate requests, but cannot make any guarantees.
Can siblings play on the same team?
- Yes, it is allowed. In certain situations, for example with AAA and Majors where a draft is involved, it cannot be guaranteed.
- You may request on your registration forms for T-ball, A and AA and we will try to accommodate requests, but cannot make any guarantees.
Does AHLL offer anything between Fall and Spring?
- Unfortunately, AHLL only participates in Fall and Spring Ball, but there are several other organizations that provide sports during our off season.
How do I help/volunteer with AHLL? What volunteer opportunities are there?
There are several areas you can help/volunteer within AHLL. Any where from helping out on your child's team to helping in the snack shack to being a Board Member. Your child's team has several areas to help such as, score keeper, pitch count, fields, team mom, etc. Just ask your coach how you can help. Also, here are just a few areas you may be interested in volunteering.
- AHLL Board - Our Board is the nuts and bolts of why AHLL is so successful. Find any current Board member and express interest. You can also send an email to email@example.com. Board elections take place in the fall.
- Manage/Coach - Have you coached or managed a team in the past? Are you interested in coaching with AHLL? We are always looking for coaches, typically before the fall and spring session. If you are interested, please contact our Player Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fields - The fields are an important part of baseball. We have opportunities for you to help keep those fields looking good. On your child's team, we ask for parents to either help set-up or tear down before and after the games. To learn more contact your coach or email@example.com
- Snack Shack - Peanuts, popcorn, nachos? What kid doesn't love going to the snack shack while at the park? So why not come out and help join in all the fun? We are always looking for volunteers to help in the snack shack. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do I have to provide a water bill at registration?
- Little Leagues are broken up into boundaries and districts. To ensure that play is fair and all the better players don't join one district, they have created boundaries. During All-Stars we begin to play against other teams within and outside of our district.
Can my child play Club Ball while playing Little League?
- Yes, many of the kids to play both.
When is registration?
- Spring registration is in January. Try-outs are held in late January or early February. Opening day is in early March.
- Fall Ball registration is in September.
What is your refund policy?
- You may receive a full refund up until the time you receive your uniform. At that time, we will refund the registration fee minus $25 for the cost of the uniform (yours to keep). After the first game, no refunds are given.
Do you offer girls softball?
- Arrowhead Little League doesn't offer softball at this time.
Are there any questions we have not answered?
- Contact someone on the board, we are happy to help. See the Board tab for the current list of Boards members and email addresses.